Thursday, August 31, 2006

What Do You Want?

What do you want? And what are you actually doing about it?
Whatever things you are actively working toward are the things you truly want. Anything else is what you merely say you want.
As each day unfolds, you use your time, energy, creativity and resources to bring certain things to reality. Those are the things you truly desire.
You can, of course, reconsider, re-prioritize, add to and subtract from what you want. Yet the fact remains that whatever you really want is clearly evidenced by what you commit the whole of yourself to.
And so it is also true that whatever you sincerely want, you will have, you will achieve, you will become. Nothing can stand in your way when you have focused all that you are on a particular set of objectives.
So choose with care those things you truly want. For your life is always making them real.
-- Ralph Marston

____________________________________________________________________

Oh Mr. Marston, you dare ask what I want. I'm working on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Kate, what DO you want?

Kate said...

Well anonymous, that is what I am working on. I have been taking a little bit of time every day to consider what I want in life. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, but events in recent months have shown that I wasn't glued to those priorities (though I love them very much.)

I'll get back to you on that. Its going to be a wild and wonderful journey discovering who I am and what I want.

Anonymous said...

"Well," says Mr. Anonymous, "let's just hope it calls for time, travel, independence, and plenty of Monopoly."