Monday, July 24, 2006

Beaten to the Punch

I was talking to Patty today and she reminded me of some song lyrics, which cracks me up because that's a bit of a theme today. The irony of what Patty sent me is that I heard this song yesterday to start off a pretty emotional day (that was wonderful at the same time)

Its from The Scientist, by Coldplay. These are the lyrics that got my waterworks going yesterday.

Nobody said it was easy
It’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard

The whole song is actually fairly appropriate, but then again, aren't all songs appropriate when you are going through a break-up? I actually have to admit I like the Ne-Yo song, So Sick. I heard it a lot while I was in Florida and I had never hoped it would apply to me. Its a really lame song but some of the lyrics make me cry every time.
I'm going to do what's right here, for me. I've got to get my life back in order and stop wallowing because no matter what, if I don't take this time to take care of me that I can never have happiness in my life. This will not be fun, this will not be some great happiness (like I should currently be experiencing in married life) but this is what I am supposed to do. That is my Fate, that is my destiny and I hope that I will, for once in my life, be able to wake up in the morning and feel a sense of self.
I just wish I wasn't alone...but isn't that the only way to find yourself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, I know you can do it :) It will be hard and you are right, once you do this you will find yourself. The great thing here, when it's done you WILL BE a stronger and happier person. Good Luck, and God Bless You :)

~Your anonymous emotional cyber friend~

Pa said...

Oooo dude, sorry didn't mean to make you cry. You know me and song lyrics, they pop into my head when people say things, I read things and boom...there's another one.

I've got the Dixie Chicks playing right now...I Believe In Love...how fitting for me as well. That's going on the 2006 Soundtrack as well.

Unfortunately sometimes we have to be alone with our own voices to sort out matters, especially of the heart. Learning that one.