Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Customer Service Isn't Dead (Really, I Mean it)

Let me share my wonderful Tivo experience with you. As most of you know, I am currently staying on Coronado Island at the Navy Lodge on base. And yes, I was crazy enough to bring my Tivo because a) I paid for the service and b) I'm not sure that I could live without it. (Really, I might actually die if I have to watch a commericial. Try me!) Well, when I get to the Lodge, I realize that they have a private cable station, one that I can't program in to the Tivo. So I'm manually recording things, and believe me, I'm screwing it up at all possible instances. (I swear to you that Law & Order: SVU was supposed to be on Wednesday night and when I went to record it I ended up with Medium, which appeared to me to be a pretty lame show. What the hell? Editor's note: Apparently SVU is on Tuesday nights. I clearly need a machine that is smarter than me to record this stuff!) Enough about my idiocy. While I'm doing the guided setup there are instructions on whom to contact to enter a new cable station. I figured "why not?" and emailed them. They emailed me back within the day to ask me to send a copy of the station guide. I faxed this to them with a letter explaining that I was only there for three months but that I figured others might want this as well, that is, if they are psycho enough to bring their TIVO on travel with them. I get a call on my cell phone at the end of the Chargers-Patriots game and this very nice lady says "Ms Reed, this is Jennifer from Tivo. I just wanted to let you know we updated all your stations. You can just go ahead and run the setup again." I thanked her profusely and got off the phone just completely impressed. They set up a new cable station for a silly little girl who is on travel. That is just awesome.

So thank you Tivo, thank you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Catholic Church ought to think about canonizing TIVO. It is saintly after all.