Saturday, November 04, 2006

If its Anything with Greg Kinnear you can just...


I'll let those that know the quote just finish it for themselves, under the guise of keeping this blog family friendly.

I watched a great movie last night called Little Miss Sunshine. This is one of the best all-around movies I've seen in a little while. I don't want to ruin too much of it, because I honestly think that anyone reading this should either see it in the theatre or get it on dvd when it comes out (Dec. 19). The movie is about this adorable little girl (Olive) who wants to be in the Little Miss Sunshine pageant in California. The whole family has to join her on the trip, including her dad who isn't doing very well with his job, her stressed out mom, her uncle who just got released from the hospital after trying to commit suicide, her brother, who is taking a vow of silence and following Nietzsche and her grandfather, who is a crazy old man that does Heroin because "well, he can".

I've always thought Abigail Breslin was the cutest thing ever. She was so cute in Signs, and I just love her to pieces. She did a great job in this movie as well, and just made my night.

Now for my run this morning. I did the CAASA 5k run on Solomon's Island this morning. It is a memorial run as well, for a man who died a couple of years ago when he was struck by a car running on the road. Watch out for runners!! I got a PR on this run, but I'm still slow as sign. Case in point, I was beat by a 7 year old. Now to be fair, this little girl is a great runner, and she runs with her dad, who usually wins these things. They were a ways behind me the whole race, and then at the very end they kicked it up a notch (bam!) a little before I had intended to. Well the whole crowd is cheering "Go Annie" and I can't very well beat her now can I? I started to speed up and then I was really on her (yes, I'm was tailing a 7 year old) but I couldn't bring myself to pass her because who wants to be that a-hole that cuts off a kid at the end? Not me. So I slowed down and hung back and let her take all the 7 year old glory that she could. And she got two medals. One for her age group and one as being the youngest runner there. I am sooooo jealous!

1 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Little Miss Sunshine was definitely one of the best movies I have seen in a *long* time. I'm tempted to see it again in the theatre (it's still playing up here!!) and will buy it on DVD when it comes out (I also have a crush on Steve Carroll...;-)
Congrats on the run!