Saturday, June 17, 2006

Packing

Today has been a pretty rough day. I've been packing up some of my stuff, and mostly its all books. I have so many stinkin' books. Most of them were my mother's and I can't bear to part with them, but I will be putting them in storage instead of moving them into my next residence. Whatever that may be. I've found a cute little cottage way out in the country on St. George's Creek (I think) and its really cheap and private so I'll probably live there. Its pretty hard to leave our home that we have so many memories in, especially since Marc just built the deck (as a wedding surprise) and we'd surely have a great time out there. We camped out on the deck last night and that was really fun. It was really neat to fall asleep under the stars with the breeze blowing over me-I felt very peaceful. It was cute too because the girls (cats) kept meowing from the dining room window at us.

This has all been really hard. I got a lot of phone calls today from people I was in Florida with. When I tell them that Marc built the deck they all get really quiet. A lot of people helped me believe that I shouldn't be with Marc because he wouldn't take the time to come down and visit me on any of the weekends he was here-turns out he was working on the deck, but I never knew about it. Ultimately, it shouldn't have mattered, but in my stressed out, cold feet state, it did.

We also took back the gifts we've received to Target yesterday. That was a real treat. We were given gift cards that we will be returning to those who sent us gifts. We also have to return the checks to everyone-it will definitely be a hard letter to write too.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I have to thank all my friends for their support through all of this, and I especially have to thank Marc, for being the upstanding man I always knew he was and for helping me through this transitional time. This weekend has been really hard because this should have been a weekend of celebration for our upcoming marriage (next weekend). Instead it is filled with pain and sorrow. A brighter day will surely come.

0 comments: