Tuesday, June 20, 2006

California Love

I arrived in sunny (and very warm) California today. I had a fairly eventful flight, full of nightmares that we were experiencing heavy turbulence (only to discover that a child had been kicking my seat the entire time I was sleeping). The kids behind me were unbelievably bad the entire flight and my favorite part of the story is that at the end of the flight the stupid mom turns to her kids and says "I'm so glad that you boys were on such good behavior the entire trip" The guy next to me muttered "F-You" under his breath and I turned around and gave her the "crazy eyes". What a psycho. Those kids were unbelievable and I hated her even more because she was wearing a shirt that said "Your boyfriend and I make a great couple." Shutup stupid girl!!

I'm currently at Twentynine Palms Marine Corps base. I think its really nice here. Lindsay's husband is currently in Iraq (thank you Dan for serving our country) so Draigan (her almost 4 year old son), Lindsay and I are hanging out and having a good time. She'll surely be a great help over this weekend, as I am sure this will be a very hard weekend for me. Marc is going home to Indiana to be with his family during this time, and I'm sure he'll have a nice time with all the wedding well-wishers (who have stopped wishing well!).

I should get going. I'd like to call Marc before he goes to bed to wish him a safe trip home.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I hope you have a fun time in California; I'm sure your friend appreciates your company (and you hers!)

Anonymous said...

I have been so worried about you, girl. It's nice to know that you are with friends that love you and just know that you have friends who care when you return home. Thinking of you often! ~Lainie