Sunday, June 18, 2006

Moving Day

Today was quite an eventful one, though not events that I would like to see happening. This morning we (Marc, myself and his Mom) went to look at the cottage on the Potomac to see if it would be an appropriate place for me to reside for at least the next year. It was! Its in a great location and although its pretty musty and old, its a great price and its a good enough size that I don't even need to get a storage unit. Its 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths and it has a nice little kitchen and a great sized living room. Its certainly not as wonderful as the house that Marc and I had planned on living in together, but I guess God had other plans for me. (I hope it was God that had these plans-it sometimes doesn't seem like it!)

Tomorrow is my first day back at work in two months. I'm only going to be there for a day and then I am going to California to spend the wedding/honeymoon period with Lindsay, whom was to be my matron of honor. She thought it would be best if I got "away" from everything, and as Marc is going to be with his family in Indiana, this was a great option for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing her and her son Draigan.

The love and support of my friends has been wonderful. The reactions of my bridesmaids is enough to make me realize that I definitely chose the right people and that their friendship is so valuable to me.

This is going to be a really hard time, but I think that I will emerge a stronger, more confident woman-I need to, for my sake. I wouldn't be in this position if I had a better sense of self.

I may blog from Twentynine Palms, but who knows? If not, I wish you all well and I hope that you'll think of me on June 24, at four o'clock while I should be walking down the aisle to pledge my life to the man that I love...instead of a sobbing in base housing in CA. Man oh man, I didn't see this coming!

0 comments: