Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tight Bod

Marc and I are sticking to our workout plan and I feel like I might die. My poor leg muscles are so tight that I have trouble walking at work. On our rest day Friday I'm going to make an effort to do a yoga workout or something because my body is just too tight. I stretch before my runs, but this isn't cutting it as of late. I need something more!!


Today is a 3 mile run and tomorrow is our rest day. I'm going to see a friend of mine from my old job and visit with her new kitty. I'm super excited because everyone likes a kitty. I love my cats but sometimes I wish they were a little tinier and more playful, but they are the best companions ever.

Saturday is just a 30 minute cross train (I think-I have to check) but Sunday is the 4 mile run, which scares me to death, though I keep proving to myself that I am capable of more than I think, so it should be semi-successful. If I can't run it all, so be it, I'll walk until I feel ready to run and keep going. I'm pretty sure that is how the actual half-marathon will go, so I'm not going to be disappointed.

I'm really looking forward to the holiday. I look forward to seeing our family and I look forward to sharing gifts with those that I love. I really hope that Marc likes his gifts, I did go a little overboard compared to my plan, but I love him and he deserves it (and I could afford it). I'm not sure how the workouts will go over the holidays, but I guess a week off won't kill us. Its much too cold in Michigan to run outside, at least for our poor Maryland bodies, so it will probably just be some stretching and stuff. Maybe I'll bring a workout dvd or something!

0 comments: