Monday, December 12, 2005

Shitty Day

Well that's what it is...a shitty shitty day. Yesterday I had everything in the world, today I feel like I have nothing and all because I am a freaking spazz. I won't go into anymore detail, but let's just say I managed to ruin my life in 5 minutes of idiocy...standard operating procedures for Miss Kate R. Reed, so I don't see why even I am surprised.

As for running. On Friday I ran three miles without stopping and it felt pretty good. I'm such a sad sack of crap that I can't run more than that, but oh well, that's what I did and I was proud of myself, especially since I had set a lower goal. My legs have really been aching daily now, and I wanted to take the day off, but Marc talked me into running. And I was successful so I felt good about it. On Saturday we took our second pilgrimage to Williamsburg with our friends Robyn and Andrew. We wanted to see it decorated for Christmas. Despite the rumors that it is nice when it is decorated for Christmas-it is pretty tame. There were some beautiful wreathes with fruit on them, but other than that, I wasn't too impressed. Apparently in Colonial times we didn't go hog wild with decorating on Christmas-and that's their loss!
On Sunday, despite the fact that I wanted to take a break, Marc talked me into running again. I did 3 miles again, and felt horrible, but it was worth it. Without Marc I would just sit on the couch getting fat (something I should get used to since he hates me now) but he talks me into my fitness.
Today really is a rest day, in fact, its so restful that I am taking a "mental health day from work". My work isn't very stressful right now, but I don't want to sit at my desk sobbing like a baby all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and maybe, just maybe, Marc will trust me again and we can get married. Fat chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a bad day. :-( I always manage to stick my foot in my mouth and cause relationship problems in an obscenely short period of time. Keep up with the running--yesterday I was only able to do 2 miles! The goal is to just keep at it; don't kill yourself if you don't go as far as you want to or if you don't go as fast as you want to. The important thing is to just do *something* and leave it at that. Also, if you ever want to meet a fellow runner for coffee or something, I'd love to chat!

Kate said...

You're very sweet Sarah. I'll take you up on that offer sometime-it would be very nice to meet the person who's been rooting for me all these weeks and months!