Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Victory is Mine!

After such a nice post from Marc, which I read today for the first time (though surely not my last as it was a great inspiration) I had the most awesome run ever. I did 25 minutes at 5.5 mph on the treadmill and it wasn't that bad. I didn't have to stop once, not even for a drink or anything. I was very happy with myself, and next time (probably Friday as the U2 concert is tomorrow evening) I will try to go about 5-10 minutes longer. Right now I think 5.5 is my speed though. I'm capable of going faster, but not for a long time and I'd really like to focus on distance first and then speed can come later. As I've said before, I don't want to win a marathon-I just want to finish. I don't care how long it takes, I want to know that I completed it all.
And now I'm one step closer. But I've got a billion steps to go!

1 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

WOO HOO! It's *so* awesome when you have those great runs; really reminds you why you're doing all this crazy crap in the first place...
Hope they continue to be good. :-)