Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Marc's First Post

I guess since I'm a contributing member of this blog, it's high time I contributed. Kate does a lot of worrying about her running, but truth be told, she's doing a great job. She has an entire blog setup to detail her "frustrations," but I just don't see much that she should be unhappy about. She's only been running for a few months and the improvement I've seen in her is amazing. She started out shuffling along (with her geisha steps) for maybe 2 minute bursts, complaining the whole time. Now she soldiers on for entire 5K's with a confidence I've never seen in her. Heck, I've been running for 2 years and I still suck at it.
You also have to take this in the context of her weight loss. She's been very successful with Weight Watchers, which has obviously helped her running. This past weekend we visited my sister (who we haven't seen since Christmas) and she said the same thing so many of our friends have- that they barely recognize her. It really is like she's a new person.
So I guess my point is this: take Kate's frustrations with a grain of salt. Running is hard, and really only fun in retrospect, but most people quit long before they achieve what Kate has. Like everyone else, her problems with fitness are real, but she is doing a fantastic job. I couldn't be more proud of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

It *sounds* like she's doing a fantastic job--running can be frustrating as all hell sometimes! It's also wonderful that she has such an avid supporter at home! :-)

Kate said...

Oh my goodness. I love this man so much!

I am so lucky to have such a great supporter at home-sometimes I forget that he's always rooting for me!!