Thursday, December 28, 2006

Countdown to California

I'm starting to get majorly stressed out about my trip to California. I've been short, nervous and downright bitchy the past few days because the weight of the trip is weighing on my shoulders. I feel so much stress about this whole relationship with Mircea, which is ridiculous because that's the one thing to be happy and not-stressed about. I'm freaking out about leaving the cats, though they will be in great hands that love them very much, and I'm nervous about leaving my house, friends, etc. I was sort of whining about it last night and I was reminded by the wisest Romanian ever that "everything will work out how it is supposed to. If you lose friends while you're gone, than they aren't really your friends. If we don't work out, then we weren't supposed to. RELAX." Those words have been said to me so many times over the years and I often forget them. I will learn from my mistakes of the past and learn that I need to just let life live. To just let things take their course and have faith that others in my life won't let me down or aren't "out to get me."

I think little Katey Pooh might be growing up. I've had some set backs the past few days, but I had some nice talks with friends and realized that I am much stronger than any habits that I have and that I am a good person who has learned from their mistakes.

I'm not sure when I'll be writing on the blog again. Tomorrow I'm watching Purdue vs. Maryland and probably staying at my friends house after the game because I'll have had too much to drink. Saturday I'm taking care of the cats and hanging out with my sweetie, and then I'll be going to some New Year's Eve parties on Sunday. Monday is my "tie up all loose ends" day and then bright and early Tuesday morning I'm off for my three months in California.

Happy New Year to all my friends out there and let's all make 2007 a wonderful year. I would sure like to cry a whole lot less this year. Less worry, less stress, live life to the fullest!

1 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Good luck with things, and give me a good time to come and visit! (I'll be itching to get away from the dreary DC winter...)