Thursday, December 07, 2006

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

I’ll start with a little background on why I’ve officially become obsessed with this. I was telling Marc a couple months ago about my love for AFI. I played him the cd and he said that the first song was entrance music for a guy from the Lansing Lugnuts. I can certainly understand why, it’s quite an enjoyable song. Having been to only one baseball game ever (a Lugnuts game, 6 years ago) I didn’t realize that this was a big deal and that the majority of baseball players have some sort of “at bat” music that they play over the loudspeaker. Similar of course, to the wonderfully ridiculous music that WWE wrestlers have and an ex-boyfriend of mine used to purchase the cds of. Yeah, that’s right.

So I was thinking “what would my music be?” I mean, I’m not skilled at baseball (or any sport really, though I am active) but there may be a time in my life where I need some entrance music (other than “here comes the bride, but we all know how well that went for me”). So I’ve been auditioning songs for a little while and I’ve narrowed it down to a select few.

AFI: Prelude 12/21 Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep
The Cure: Mint Car Never guessed it got this good, wondered if it ever would, really didn't think it could
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Love Rollercoaster You give me that funny feeling in my tummy
N.E.R.D.: Lapdance Ooh baby you want me?
Divinyls: Touch Myself I love myself, I want you to love me

I really can't make a decision, so I've decided that I might end up making a soundtrack for myself instead. Which I will do in a blog post tomorrow and I'm hoping that many of you will do that same.





I obviously had to research this a little bit and found some really interesting stuff on the topic. I have to appreciate the humor in a couple of these.

Scott Rollen St. Louis Cardinals: "Rollin" Limp Bizkit <- Hopefully he's cooler than Fred Durst Mike Myers, New York Yankees: Theme from "Halloween" <- That cracks me up Matt Holliday, Colorado Rockies: "Holiday", Madonna <- Does everyone imagine Adam Sandler as the Wedding Singer when they hear this song?

2 comments:

Marc said...

I like your selections! Totally off the cuff, I would go with
NERD- Lapdance, Truth or Dare
Linkin Park- Lying from You, Faint
Fall Out Boy- A Little Less...
That's just if I were to keep it current. There's too many '80s rock songs to choose from!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I want to think about what songs would be on my soundtrack! I'll think of it tonight...