Monday, December 11, 2006

Merry Christmas from the White House

I had an entertaining and productive weekend, two things that I don't often experience and NEVER do they occur together. I'm feeling refreshed and re-energized for the week and I think this will help propel me through the Holidays. At the very least I'm sporting an ounce of Christmas cheer.

On Friday, I went over to Marc's house for pizza and a movie, which was Seven. Neither of us had ever seen it, and it was pretty good. We are both big fans of Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, so we definitely liked it. Plus the pizza was awesome!

On Saturday morning, a team of us participated in the Jingle Bell for Arthritis 5k. It was very chilly out there but we all had a good time and later warmed up at I-Hop. I had such a great team of people participating! Marc, who is having knee issues following the Marine Corps Marathon, acted as "team photographer" and got lots of good photos of us running. Then he was kind enough to help me winterize my house a little bit and teach me to sew. But the highlight of Saturday is that there was a free sneak-preview of We Are Marshall, on base. I will devote a blog to it because I just thought it was great, so look for that in the next few days. The quick and dirty is that it was one of the best movies I have ever seen, and it moved me like none other has before because those were real lives.

Sunday turned out to be way better than expected. I had ;romised a visiting intern from San Diego a tour of DC. I was sort of dreading it because I barely knew this guy at all (I've probably talked to him once) plus I had a ton of chores to do at my house. Well, it turned out I woke up at 5 am (which I have done for 7 mornings straight) so I got all my chores done before I went to pick him up at 8. We had a blast! We went to a couple of museums and some monuments and he was great company. I'm looking forward to the tours of San Diego I'll be getting from him. Its comforting to know that I will know someone that I will work with out in California, so I won't get too lonely. (Of course Blogger photos won't work!)

As excited as I am about going to California, I'm officially dreading it a little bit because I'm going to miss my friends here so much.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Seven. The ending tears me up every time.