Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Off to a Great Start

This week is off to a pretty good start. First of all, the weather has been fantastic...I might even wear a skirt this week. It's also been nice for activity. I did my Couch to 5k run/walk yesterday as well as a two mile walk during the afternoon with a co-worker. I’m going to do another run today, and hopefully get the third one in either Thursday or Friday. It’s nice to be back running and although it can be a little disheartening (slow, seeing my large reflection in the mirror) I do feel a lot better about myself and just better in general. I am having a couple of shin-splints issues, but they usually go away after a couple of runs.

I’ve been thinking of some ways to make the blog a little more interesting since no one really cares about my day-to-day events. I thought I’d try to do something along the lines of a book/movie/music review or something, as I usually find something pretty interesting to say about the aforementioned. I’ve mostly been reading in the past month since I don’t have television and I’ve come across some pretty good ones. I’ll also try to continue my weekly post on a recipe, but I haven’t been cooking for myself very much. Mircea and I have been trying out some recipes on the weekends, but they are mostly European cuisine as we’re both getting back to our roots. I am going to post a Slovak recipe on Thursday. It might sounds pretty gross but I’ll tell you-it is delicious. I can’t wait to make it on Friday night.

I’m patiently waiting for my meditation cd to come in the mail. I downloaded a 12 minute relaxation technique this weekend, but it isn’t quite as soothing as the Scott Cole one that I’m familiar with. The relaxation techniques have been very helpful though, and the focused breathing is helping me a little for running as well. Taking that time for me has been really rewarding.

Only two more months until I’m done with grad school! I’m so excited and so pleased to be done with it. It’s been such a guilt trip-any time I’m not doing homework or studying I feel like I’m not doing what I should be (and believe me, I don’t study that much) so I am in a perpetual state of guilt and “I should be doing this”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are going well for you right now.

:)

Missy said...

I am loving the beautiful weather this week too! I got to break out my capris. :)