Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day One: Evening Day Two: Morning

I finally got some food other than the can of beans I had for lunch. I went to the Good Earth store in Leonardtown and although their prices were a little high, they had a great selection. The sales staff was very helpful with all the questions that I had and I came home with a nice full bag of food. The best find there was a Larabar. I got the Banana Cookie flavor and holy crap, this is the best food I’ve ever tasted. (Note: this may be skewed as the only other things I had eaten that day were unsweetened hot tea and a can of beans) I also picked up other treats and some more fruits and veggies so I should be set for the week.

It’s easy to find vegetarian food. All those Boca, Gardenburgers, and Amy’s fare are all vegetarian-not vegan. So I came home with some Chipotle Tofurkey dogs, which I can only assume are going to taste disgusting. I’m already noticing a change in my taste buds because I’m not eating the fake sugar (or real sugar for that matter.) My tea tasted sweeter today, my cantaloupe was sublime. If Day Two is this much better than Day One, then I’m really looking forward to the rest of this time.

Oh, another recommendation. Yogi Tea. It is awesome. The Sweeet Thai Delight is caffeine free and needs no sugar to make it taste like Heaven.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to love these bbq veggie ribs that were at Good Earth. I think they were Gardenburger, and probably not vegan, but MAN did they taste good.

Sarah said...

And one last time--have you checked out the "I can't believe it's vegan!" link on the GoVeg! site. I looked at it a while ago when I was contemplating veganism and was shocked by all the vegan goodies (WW English Muffins, for one!)