Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day Three Baby!!!

Yesterday was pretty good and today isn’t too shabby either. I find that I am FAMISHED when I get off of work but a little bit of Veggie Booty is making life a little easier there. Here’s the thing with “the booty”. Technically it’s not vegan b/c it is manufactured in a facility that has dairy in it’s other products (pirate booty) I decided that since finding vegan items is nearly impossible, that I’d be willing to take the change that I’d come in contact with a grain of dairy on my “booty”. I think I just like saying booty.

Also, it is very hard to find things made of whole wheat. Every box in the store touts that is whole wheat and whole grain, but if it says “whole wheat flour” it isn’t. Well isn’t that special? I can’t find a damn thing anywhere other than the Good Earth store because everything is made of the stupid flour. Thanks a lot wheat.

My lunch today is a little lacking b/c I slept late this morning. The only items in my lunch sack are a grapefruit, a banana, some baby carrots, and a can of pineapple. I had some cookies for breakfast (I know, bad) but they tasted so good with my tea that I wanted them. They followed all my rules, no sugar, no processed b.s., and the like, but they were made with whole wheat flour. Well excuse me, it was worth it.

I’m looking forward to this weekend. I’m going to make some yummy grilled veggies and I am also going to make sushi. Having said that, I’ve agreed to make Mircea sushi, but I am starting to think that I will try to jam some tofu or something into my rolls (with my brown rice) and keep this vegan thing going. I know I’ll have sushi in San Diego, but I am actually enjoying following this and although I gave myself a free pass on sushi, I’d like to try to maybe forgo the raw fish this weekend. We’ll see. You can guarantee that you’ll get a full report, whether you want it or not.

0 comments: