Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Day 10: Week 2 Smooth Sailing

I am really enjoying following a vegan diet. I've experimented with a lot of different food, and I'm working on cooking some original vegan treats. I have had sushi, I made it on Friday with tofu, but made it on Sunday with tuna, and I enjoyed it, though I felt sort of bloated after the meat eating. It's funny, I'm technically not even a vegetarian because I eat sushi, yet I don't eat any other animal products, but I know that I would be miserable otherwise and I think this is something I can continue doing. I've been having a hankering for pizza lately, so I may end up purchasing one of the Amy's Cheese Free frozen pizzas.

Speaking of cheese, there are many things wrong with Veggie Shreds, but the two main things are: they have casein in them, which is a dairy product (despite the fact that they say non-dairy) and they taste like disgusting, plastic, nasty, gross ew. I figured I'd put it in my mouth and taste it since I'd already used it before seeing the casein (could have sworn i checked the label at the store), and it tasted like I was chewing on Barbie's hands. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I *really* like Amy's products. She also has this gluten-free crust, so if we're too lazy to make our own pizza that's our fall back.