Saturday, April 05, 2008

Day 13: Gotta Go to Moe's

Mircea and I went out to lunch today. I was very nervous but knew that I'd be able to find something I could eat. We went to Moe's, which is a fast food Mexican place. I got a salad, which I didn't realize was in the big taco shell bowl, but whatever. I got to have beans, rice, salsa, black olives and cilantro. It was delicious and I didn't miss the cheese or meat. Seriously, I did not miss the cheese, which was really surprising to me. As we were walking out, I saw that they had tofu on their menu, so next time I'll give that a shot. And yes, I had a couple bites of that big taco bowl-not good for me at all and hopefully not fried in some sort of animal fat. I have never had a taco salad bowl before...that was yummy and highly non-nutritious. So no more of that!

I've been buying a lot of strawberries lately...they taste so sweet and wonderful. I swear that not eating sugar or sugar substitute has changed my taste buds to really enjoy the flavor of the food I'm eating. I'm getting a little sick of all water all the time though and have purchased some organic juice.

I'm almost halfway there and though I'd kill for a slice of cheese pizza, I know that I'll make it through my 30 days, with both myself and my pocket book a little lighter.

0 comments: