Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What's My Age Again?

This place is just crazy. I've been in Pensacola, Florida since April, and its just getting ridiculous. I am basically living the college lifestyle, and I am just too old for that at 25 (almost 26!) Its just such a strange situation and I'm wondering when I will get my life back and return to a life where its not commonplace to stay up until 1 am watching movies and drinking beers. I always prided myself in being the responsible one and not living any sort of excessive lifestyle...and yet, there is something to be said for the party-hard lifestyle. Well, I guess I wish that I had experienced it about 5 years ago and gotten it out of my system and then at 25 I can be a more mature woman.

I'm sort of blathering on here, but I just have a lot of crazy thoughts running through my head. Of course I want to go home and go back to being plain old Kate, but part of the appeal of this school and how its so easy to get sucked into the whirlwind, is that I feel young and pretty, things I haven't felt in a long time. Its nice to be popular (though for the wrong reasons-boobs shouldn't be the only reason people pay attention to me) and its nice to think that people are interested in you.

Also, have a new love for rap once again. I wish I could break myself of it...just can't. Had to confess that. I'm currently listening to a mixer of assorted inappropriate rap songs that a friend copied for me, and I worry that I may never return to the old Kate as I listen to these songs.

Despite this stream of consciousness (I got 4 hours of sleep last night and its bed time) I guess the upshot of what I want to say is that although I am wildly nervous about getting married, I can't wait to be back home with Marc and return to my old life. That is where I was happiest and I just want to go back there!!

1 comments:

photomommy said...

Are you getting excited yet? Only 22 days left!