Monday, May 08, 2006

Sunny Days, Chasing the Clouds Away

Despite the fact that the weatherman called for rain in Pensacola we had a beautiful weekend. I spent Thursday at the beach too, which was pretty nice, and although it rained on Friday for a little bit, it was really nice and I met some friends at a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo and we had a good time. I had to get up super early on Saturday to run the Fiesta 5k. I set a PR, though it wasn't spectacular it was an improvement and I look forward to my next race so I can beat this time. On Saturday night I went bowling with a group of guys from class and we had a great time. I bowled some of the best games of my life, though I got progressively worse while the guys got better-I think that beer was actually improving their game while I abstained so I didn't get any extra "liquid confidence" in my bowling. Oooh, I forgot, after the race on Saturday I spent about 4 hours on the beach and looked like a lobster for the rest of the evening. I also had a yummy sushi dinner at a fun restaurant and I've discovered that I am hooked on sushi. I love it so much and I don't think I'll be able to have too much of it when I go home and that makes me sad. I feel like I am writing in stream of consciousness right now.

I finally got my engagement ring back today. I hadn't realized how much I missed it. I realize that it is silly, but I miss Marc a little bit less b/c I can look down at my finger and it makes me think of him and smile. He also sent me some yummy muffins in the mail and he did a great job baking them-better than I do so I wonder what naughty high-fat ingredients he put in them!

I guess that's all I have to say right now. I'm heading to the gym as I'm trying to get rid of my flabby arms!

2 comments:

photomommy said...

I know how you feel about your engagement ring...I had to get mine repaired and couldn't wear it for almost 2 months! I wear my engagement ring and wedding ring together, and it felt so wierd to just wear my wedding ring...

Are you getting excited?! Not too far to the big day!!! (Our 3rd anniversary is June 14!!! YAY!!)

Anonymous Me said...

Good for you on the race!! You've inspired me; I need to start singing up for races again. I can't WAIT to see wedding pics! You should post a pic of your ring to give all of us non-engaged females out there something to drool over! :-)