Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vegan Shopping

I'm going to see Lindsay tomorrow and we have some big plans. Mostly I'm forcing her to take me for some retail therapy, but it's the good stuff. We're going to go to Trader Joe's (the closest one is well over an hour away-it's a travesty) and for lunch we're going to Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant. With the exception of one thing with milk on the menu, everything else appears to be vegan, so I'm super excited. They even have vegan sushi, so I'm thinking I might be able to learn new taste sensations so I can really be a vegan, instead of one who plays one on the internet.

On Saturday, Lindsay has a date with some girlfriends, and I'm tagging along to P.F. Changs. Now they make me a little mad because they aren't so "vegan" or healthy, though they like to pretend they are healthy. I am not at the point where I think that they need to have a veggie only wok, but I understand the people that are concerned about that. There is pretty much just the one vegan dish, which is the Happy Buddha, which is just steamed vegetables. I am hoping they'll put some tofu in there, they seem pretty agreeable to that.

I am so excited to be stocking up on all the good vegan treats. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ooh I’d definitely try something else if you ever go to PF Chang’s again. I think the Buddha’s Feast is pretty boring too. But the vegetarian lettuce wraps cannot be beat!

Karina Allrich said...

Hope you found some yummy inspiration- love TJ's! Have you tried thier new brown rice tortilla wraps? They make fabulous chips.

Danielle said...

I love Trader Joe's. Hope you had fun eating out vegan! I would kill for a Vegan place to eat where I live.