Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It Had a Face

I had one of the biggest scares of my life yesterday, and I felt I handled it very well. Mircea, however, called me a 5 year old, but he expects me to be a big burly man most of the time, and that is just...odd. Whatever, off the subject.

Mircea and I took some stuff to a local donation center yesterday. We've been going through every closet in the house and going through things trying to "spring clean". I put on my great little slip on shoes so I could take the stuff out in the rain. My shoe felt a little tight when I put it on, but I was in a hurry with the rain so I just dealt with it. We're in the car for a few minutes and I just couldn't handle the tight shoe anymore. It felt like there was some toilet paper or something up in the toe box of the shoe. I take off the shoe. I shake it and put it back on. still tight. I look in the bottom to see what the obstruction is. I blink my eyes and look again. I manage to not let out a blood curdling scream as I see a face looking back at me. I put the shoe up on the dash which is when Mircea says "what the heck is going on?" and I say "there is a face staring back at me in my shoe." This is the face that was staring back at me in my shoe.

I haz a face & want to eat your toesApparently this creature was hiding in the warm, stinky toe of my shoe, and then I slipped my big 0l' foot in there and killed it. I feel that it would have killed me. Or eaten my toes. Or poisoned me in some way, rendering me completely useless in my life, immobile, and destroying my illustrious running career I've worked for years to cultivate (these are of course exaggerations, but at the moment I could have died of fright). I finally get the spider out of my shoe and out of the car, but the memory is still very vibrant. I felt like there was something in my shoe the rest of the drive, and even thought about it when I went to bed. This morning when I put on my other shoes I checked them with a flashlight and banged them on the ground, trying to evict any faced creatures out of the shoes. How gross and scary is that? I will never be the same again.

5 comments:

Missy said...

oh. my. gosh.
I would have passed out.
seriously that would REALLY freak me out. Thanks to you I will now be shaking out my shoes every time I put them on.

kismetsCIRCUS said...

Uh dude! I thought you were a vegan. Aren't you NOT suppose to kill stuff with faces on it?

I'm just saying!

Kate said...

Uh dude, I think if you accidentally kill it with your foot, you're probably still a vegan. If it was alive I would have tried to get it out the window, but I had already blugeoned it with my toes.

I should probably not wear my leather belt either, but I figured since I already had it, I should probably continue and not replace it when it gets old (or too big?)

Anonymous Me said...

EWWW. One time an ex found a dead bat in his hiking shoe.

drqshadow said...

Hey, even hairy, burly men don't like the idea of spiders in their shoes.