Thursday, June 19, 2008

Recipe Thursday: Mexican Mashed Potatoes

Mexican Mashed Potatoes

In an attempt to make potato taquitos, I created these spicy mashed potatoes that I thought were awesome. They work really well as a filling for the taquitos, but I’m still working on perfecting my use of corn tortillas.

Ingredients:

2 red potatoes, skins on, boiled
2 baking potatoes, skins on, boiled
Cumin (to taste, approximately 1 TBSP)
Cilantro (to taste, approximately 1 TBSP)
Garlic Powder (to taste, about 1 tsp)
Sea Salt (to taste)
Chili powder (to taste, about 1 tsp)
Earth Balance: I used about a TBSP of this as well

Directions:


Boil potatoes, mash with skins on. Add all the other ingredients to taste (hey, that’s how real people cook, I try to guide you but you just have to find out what you like) and allow flavors to marry for a little while. For the taquitos, spoon into corn tortillas, roll, spray with PAM and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until browned. The taquitos need some work, so if anyone tries this, let me know how your taquitos turned out.

**I bet this would be good with some sour cream and cheese, but as you know, I do not partake in either of those.

0 comments: