Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Going to the Chapel...

On New Year's Day, Marc asked me to be his wife. I'm so excited! I'm sitting here at work just starting at my ring so I decided that I'd have to do a little blog to share our big news. I thought I'd also share our little engagement story.

Basically I've been hassling Marc for years that we should get married. I knew that we were in love and I didn't understand what the hold up was. We've been going round and round on this for ages, and recently Marc indicated that he was pretty interested in getting married and asked me for ring ideas. So I knew an engagement was coming, but Marc made it very clear that he wanted it to be a surprise. But of course I nagged him anyway because I really hate surprises.

I'd always told Marc that I'd love to get engaged at a sporting event of some sort, as I'd like to see my name in lights. He teased me that it was corny, and also indicated that it wasn't going to happen like that. We recently purchased tickets to the Indianapolis Colts game for New Year's Day so I was hassling him that we could get engaged that day. He told me not to get my hopes up and that the ring would take much longer than that to come. Little stinker was lying to me!!

So the day of the Colts game comes and I was sort of bugging Marc about the engagement and he told me to settle down, he had a plan and I'd just have to be patient. So I shut up for a few hours. At the game, halftime comes and they start showing people's names on the Jumbo Tron. At this point I start reading off names (totally teasing him but there was a little spite) and I say "Oh look, Deandra can get engaged" or "Leslie's boyfriend isn't afraid to committ" and "Kat....oh my Lord". Marc got down on one knee right there at the game and asked me to marry him. Of course I said "yes". I'm so excited, though I still feel horrible that I was harrassing him up until the last possible moment. I was even sarcastically saying my own name! Its definitely appropriate considering how long I've been bugging him, but I still feel bad. He really surprised me and I am so happy and so lucky that he has chosen to spend the rest of his life with me.

As for wedding planning-I may just have a heart attack!

Tonight is a 3.5 mile run. We're a little out of practice as we only ran 3 times in the 11 days we were gone, but I still feel pretty good. Not confident, but hopefully it will go ok. All the "New Year's Resolution" people will be there crowding the gym, which drives me batty, but we'll survive.

Happy New Year to Everyone!!

0 comments: