Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots of Miles on My Car

I had quite a long weekend. With a lot of driving. On Friday I drove up to Northern Virginia to see Lindsay and her family. About 30 minutes in I got a call from our Realtor and had to turn around to go sign a paper, so I was a little sidetracked. I finally got to Lindsay's and we went to Sunflower cafe again for lunch, which is the vegan restaurant. So good. I got the same meal again (the bento box) and Linds got this avacado and jicama sandwich which was also really good. Then we went to Penzeys, which is a spice store. I about died with excitement. It was like the best place ever. Then we went to Trader Joes to pick up some Lambrusca. Delicious! Our last stop was Cake Love, which is a cupcake/cake place in the mall. They had vegan cupcakes, which is nice, but I will confess...I didn't choose the vegan cupcakes. I didn't. None of them were chocolate so what is the damned point? So yes, I ate some eggs and milk. And butter. AWESOME. The terrible flatulance after, not so much, but delicious at the time! I thought the cupcakes I make are a little better, but whatever. Probably the guilt factor added to that. Then we came home and went out with her husband and son to the local Mexican place. Yummers!

The next day was my day with her son. We were planning to go to the Air and Space Museum, but at the last minute he decided he wanted to go to the Marine Corps Museum, which we'd been to before. Good for me because it was super close, but I still want to take him up to the Udvar-Hazy. Maybe next time. Then we had a nice lunch at Burger King (his request) and he was very happy with the toy in his kids meal, even if it wasn't the Dragon that he wanted. Then we went to Wegman's to do a homework assignment for him, and then we were back at the house. Fun fun. Shortly after that I left...and I left my steam cleaner there because Lindsay's husband was still using it since I'd offer it's awesomeness to them. So I get home after the 2 hour drive. Oh, and Lily had vomited everywhere. Nice. So I had to clean that up sans steam cleaner. Whatever...still had a little stain. On Sunday, Yukon wasn't feeling well at all, and I ended up spending the day with him, watching him and consoling him. He had an infected tooth following his tooth extraction last week. Great. Well it went into Monday and I took him to the vet and they gave him meds. Which he threw up as soon as we got home. Making a HUGE mess. So I called Lindsay and the best option was that I was going to drive all the way back up there to get the steam cleaner because I desperatly needed it. So I drove ALL THE WAY UP THERE AGAIN. Got there, peed, and turned right around. Crazy. But the carpet looks great!

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm a chocolate girl all the way, but Cake Love's vanilla vegan cupcakes are REALLY good! Somehow they're richer than the chocolate ones. I live 2 blocks from the Love Cafe so trust me, I am an expert.

Stephany said...

omg i've always wanted to go to Cake Love! Ok email me what steam cleaner you use - I'm in desperate need of one!