Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dear Veganism

Dear Veganism,
Oh how I love you. Let me count the ways you make me happy...

  1. I never have to worry about my food going bad if I forget to put it in the fridge. With no dairy products or meat, I don't have to refridgerate things all the time (which comes in handy for a picnic)
  2. I am afforded a luxurious life of regular BMs. Ahhh, the regularity. It's ok to be jealous.
  3. I have the opportunity to try out all kinds of new healthy recipes using ingredients I'd never imagined
  4. I am able to spread the word (I am not a Vegonomicon thumper, don't worry) when people ask about the yummy food I've brought
  5. I have experienced some weight loss, but my knee pain and massive appetite have not allowed it to stay as steady as I'd like. That seems to be a constant struggle for me-vegan or not
  6. I find that my decisions about my diet have helped me to stay flexible as well. This may be a terrible thing for strict vegans to hear, but I have a rule...Vegetarian 100% of the time, and Vegan 98%. I haven't eaten cheese or had a glass of milk or an egg, but I have had food that had some egg white or milk in it...I find that flexibility to help me out in emergency situations, and also shows people that are interested in the lifestyle that you can deviate and still make healthy, animal-friendly choices
  7. I'm discovering vegetables, spices and flavors I've never tried, and finally learned to love tomatoes, which is crazy for me, but the ones out of my garden were amazing!
  8. I've met a lot of wonderful internet "friends" who share their recipes and experiences and provide me motivation with continuing the lifestyle

Ok, enough lovey dovey kissy veganism. It just makes me happy and I'm glad that I am doing it. And how the heck can I like tofu this much? Even I don't understand.

7 comments:

Missy said...

well, as long as you are happy... ;)
I enjoy my meat too much to give it up.

kismetsCIRCUS said...

did you see the flair i sent you? i laughed and laughed and then said to self. Self, you have to send kate to spread the laughter.

p.s. fiber one peanut butter bars cause massive poo. the chocolate is ok...so far. oh now your blog friends know about the fiber one epidemic.

p.p.s. people on weight watchers get on my nerves with the points business. i'm going to hack onto the weight watchers page and change all the points. ok, not really, but in my head i just created my chaos i made water 5 points and cheese 1 point. i just messed with their poo-iverse

Missy said...

FYI, I have awarded you on my blog, because I love you so much. :)

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...

I concur. :) It's great to have the net to share with like-minded people - when I start going on about how awesome being vegan is and how much I love it in real life, people's eyes start to glaze over.

Anonymous Me said...

I swear one of these days you'll convince me to make the switch!