Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Happenings

Nothing too exciting going on in my life lately. I'm trying to work back up to three miles a day (I'm not sure what happened but my stamina is GONE) so I can do the hospice 5k in two weeks. I am afraid of being dead last, but we'll see what happens. I think my motivation is just gone because I'm fairly upset with how poorly I did in the half marathon!

I am worth $1,881,706 on HumanForSale.com
Did this little "Human For Sale" thing out of sheer boredom. I didn't bode very well. I think I'm worth more dead (I have good life insurance).

Marc and I gave blood today. It was as though we were at the amateur night at the blood bank. They messed him up pretty bad and then when I went they indicated that my blood was clotting. I said "is that normal" and they clarified and said that I "actually had a blood clot that went into the bag". What the hell does that mean? She acted pretty worried about it, like I had something wrong with me, though she told me I was ok. I know that your blood can clot in the bag, but that is definitely not what she told me. At least I got my t-shirt. That past several years I have been unable to give blood because of low iron. No problem today. In fact, I talked to the guy and he said "Have a bowl of Total" before you donated blood and you'll never fail the iron test. Nice info.

I have a lot of work to do. Well not real work. I have a lot of work to get done for graduate school. I am in a course that is just so time and labor intensive. Its killing me. My other class isn't too difficult, but we have a fairly lenghtly (10-15 page) paper due in a couple of weeks and I have started! There is just so much work in the other course that I don't give much time to this course, which is the one I actually like.

Lots of wedding stuff to do this weekend too. We've got to get the invitations done as they'll be going out in a few weeks.

I really want to change the template for this blog, but I don't know how else to do it. The standard templates are all ugly and I'm not cool enough to know how to make up my own.

0 comments: