Thursday, May 07, 2009

Try to Contain Yourselves: 500th Post

This is my 500th post (cue the marching band).   I had all kinds of great and special things planned, namely a move over to Wordpress because I like some of their options better. Alas, that has not happened because of the size of my blog, and I don’t understand why it is so difficult, but my guru is currently traveling so I can’t bug him (shout out to Sean!)


So instead of the fanfare that I had planned, I give you this.

A vow to have some better content.

I’m at a stage in my life where there isn’t really a damned thing going on. I’m not getting married, having a baby, dealing with children, moving, racing, going to school, etc. My blog title could be “Sans Milestones”. I’m just “Kate” and although my life is boring I enjoy sharing it with the 7 readers who have become an important part of my life in the last several years and 500 posts. You guys have been there for me through thick and thin (literally), through an exciting engagement followed by a terrible breakup, to the ups and downs of my relationship with Mircea. You’ve virtually hugged me when I was so frustrated with knee surgery, and you’ve supported me when I’ve given up on myself. I’ve learned so much about myself from this blog and I couldn’t have done it without you. And I learned so much about all of you and that is such a wonderful gift.

 A list of “truths” that I live by:
  •  Don’t trust people that drive conversion vans. If you need mini-blinds in your vehicle, you’re doing something weird in there. As well as driving erratically.
  •  The Magic 8 ball is an effective future telling device. And if it isn’t, just shake it and try again.
  • Pretty much every stress can be solved by a hot bath and a Tylenol PM. With a snuggly calico with an attachment disorder for a chaser.
  •  He who smelt it, dealt it.

   
Plans for the future

  •  I will be getting a new blog title. I’m working on it, we’ll see what happens. Hopefully it will have .wordpress behind it.
  • Movie and product reviews.  I am easily swayed by the "ad wizards" on television, and I will share my experiences with consumerism. 
  • A post about a day in the life. I was thinking about it this morning. It would be kind of fun to take a camera and document my day.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on your 500th post! I am very impressed. I fully intended to be a better blogger, but like you I find that my life is pretty normal and boring, and I find it difficult to find intersting stories to share. I think you should be proud of your 500 posts. And good luck with the next 500+!

Missy said...

Congrats on 500! I love your vow for better content - not that I think you need better content - it's just that I have decided that I really dont care about blogging lately so my content has been crummy. :) So I get it.

LOL conversion vans... you are hysterical!