Sunday, November 23, 2008

Goodbye Tiny Baby


She came to us on a beautiful day, her little meows heard through the wind. Today, the day we lost her, was also a beautiful day, but so much sadder than when we saw her little face for the first time.


Poor little Olive was with us for 12 days. She was so little and sickly, but so sweet and loving despite her pain. I took her to the vet for the second time on Friday because she still wasn't eating, and they'd suggested our best option was put her down if she didn't pass her blood tests because she seemed very ill. Her blood came back fine so they put her on an IV try to get some fluids into her little system. It seemed to work and she came home happy as a clam. We had a great day full of cuddles yesterday and this morning, and then things went really really badly. I just held her and helped her the best I could, and she passed away peacefully in my arms, the sweet little angel that she was. We never wanted 4 cats, but now my heart feels empty without her.


This is such a depressing post that I just want it to be over with. I am having knee surgery tomorrow and although I'll have a ton of free time I'm not sure I'll be able to balance the computer on my lap without a lot of pain. Hope everyone has a great Tofurky Day (ha ha) and enjoys great time with friends and family.




4 comments:

Missy said...

I am very sorry to hear this, and although you did not want 4 cats, there is obviously a reason that she came to you, even for such a short time.
Good luck with surgery tomorrow, and happy tofuwhatever-you-eat day!

photomommy said...

I'm sorry, too! I agree with Missy, Olive was meant to spend her last days with you.

GL with the surgery and Happy Thanksgiving.

Elle Bee said...

And when she gets to kitty heaven, what a story of kindness and compassion she'll have to tell about her person, Kate. :)

Be sure to post about how your surgery went.

drqshadow said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Olive, but it sounds like you guys did everything in your power to make sure that her last days were her best.