Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Teaser Update

I only have about 5 minutes to make a quick update so here goes.

  • Despite the slight delay we are getting all settled into the house. I've done a ridiculous amount of painting and have a huge arm muscle to prove it. Next week is the kick-off for "getting the old house done" so we'll be very busy, just not at the new house. I know that I owe everyone pictures but our home computers aren't set up and darned if my camera doesn't hook up to the Navy computers.
  • I am enjoying spending ridiculous amounts of money. Ok, that isn't really true, but there are certain things that I have had to purchase which despite the cost bring mass amounts of joy. My new washer and dryer literally make me sing with happiness, I may even include a picture when I do the house tour. We also bought a King sized bed. We have not slept in it yet because we don't have the frame and box spring yet (we're getting them tomorrow) but we tested it out by me doing a somersault and Mircea couldn't feel me moving so I think we may actually be able to share a bed without killing each other.
  • The cats are adorable in the new house. Yukon hasn't been begging to go outside (nor peeing on anything stationary) so he has just been a little bundle of joy. Fernie has always loved stairs so she is happy, and Lily is still completely confused and acts brain damaged so pretty much everything is normal.
  • It was great to see that so many people voted in this election. Regardless of political affliation it is great that the American people exercised their right to vote and made history with their participation as well as their selection. But boy oh boy, the doomsday attitude in my office is starting to crack me up.
  • Hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up with your blogs when I have some free time. I miss my online buddies!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I was wondering how things were going with the house. I totally understand the washer-dryer thing. I can't wait until I can buy my very own washer and dryer! Ditto on the king size bed - I don't know how my husband and I slept in a queen-sized bed. The extra space (and better sleep) is so worth it. Looking forward to seeing those house pictures!

photomommy said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you. I'm thinking about you all the time. :)

I have given you an award! Come on by and pick it up!