Thursday, April 19, 2007

When it Rains, it Pours

I've been having some tooth trouble lately, and I was told at my last cleaning that I needed a crown and a filling on two of my back teeth. Although I'm not made of money and my insurance doesn't cover it, I decided to go for it. This was last Thursday. Well, on Monday I was experiencing such severe pain in my mouth that I was throwing up. The whole left side of my face is hurting. So I went to the dentist yesterday who told me that the tooth he just filled needs a root canal. Great! So I'm having an emergency root canal this afternoon, which should be grand. And expensive! I'd do just about anything to make this pain go away though-it really sucks. I'm a little nervous about the confrontation I'll be having with my dentist though-after the root canal I'll need another filling in that tooth. I shouldn't have to pay for that, right? Since he didn't see that I needed the root canal when he did it the first time, I think it should be their responsibility since the filling isn't even a week old. Thoughts?

In great news, Miss Lindsay is moving to DC. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, but I will not get myself all pumped up until she's actually in the tri-state region as I couldn't handle the disappointment if she wasn't here. I'm so happy happy happy happy that she's coming!!!!! Now if I can just get Patty to move here...

Things are still going well for Mr. Mircea and myself. We've integrated the cats and even though they stay in their own parts of the house and hiss all the time, they are getting better. There has been no blood shed, and that's what I like the best. I'll post some pictures of those silly girls-they really are terribly cute. We're participating in the Run for Hospice this weekend, but I am not even sure we'll run; there is a walking option. I'm so out of shape, he's so out of shape, and I'm in so much pain I can't imagine running, but we'll see. We'll definitely show up and walk it if we don't try to run.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I officially have a week off from school until next semester, when I take the "Advanced Analytical Methods" course and "Dept. of Homeland Security" course, which is very interesting. Required reading is the 9/11 Commission report and it is damned interesting so far.

2 comments:

Missy said...

yucky. I hate dental work. It gives me the heebie-jeebies. I have a cleaning next week and I am dreading it....

Anonymous Me said...

I doubt you'll feel like running with all of that mouth pain! That's the worst. :-( Hopefully your dentist will cut you a break...